3

Awesome New Project

I was over at my parents tonight and Saw a tripod in my dad's workshop. I asked him where he got it and he said a garage sale a few years ago. I said, you know, people make some pretty cool lamps out of those. He got very excited and asked me if I wanted one because he had an extra. It was in his "bones pile." He told me this used to be my Grandpa's tripod for his old video camera! I was so excited to bring it home... I am going to sand it, polish the hardware, and paint the feet and mount a lamp on it! It will be a super awesome addition to our home, whatever room it ends up in.
Unfortunately it did already try to kill me. I leaned it against the car to load it and it slid off and fell directly on my head! I saw stars for a few seconds before I realized what happened. When I told Chase he was very concerned... about the car! He asked me if the car was scratched... thanks a lot!

3 comments:

Margaret Marshall Moon said...

That's a splendid idea! I hope you post pictures of the final result.

The Cunninghams said...

That's hilarious. cameron will probably appreciate that. You look great in the picture below!

Mark & Shalon said...

that is going to make am amazing lamp! i always look at those lamps at pottery barn, but they are so darn expensive! can't wait to see a picture of how it turns out! and i think mark would have asked the same questions as chase...is the car okay? hah. boys.